About Me

Austin, Texas
Well my name is Jason i am from a small town in south Texas called Kingsville. I currently have been living in Austin for the last couple of years now. I am a student at Austin Community College where i am pursing a career inEngineering. I plan to hopefully one day get accepted into the engineer program at the University of Texas. I enjoy just driving my truck around listening to some good music.

Friday, April 15, 2011

We Do Need To Try Harder

After I read your article http://thebrainofbryan.blogspot.com/, I cannot help but also too realize the problems with our education system today.  When I was in high school I could also recall walking the stage telling myself how did that one individual earn enough credits to graduate when he or she wasn't present half of the time.  The nations education system has fallen over the last couple of decades and are struggling to keep up with other foreign countries education.  Compared to other foreign nations, the United States has the biggest education spending budget which spent an estimated 26.5 billion alone in 2002.  With all this government spending on education you cannot help but ask yourself what is the problem?  I also believe having the best qualified teachers for the job would also help with the problem.  Attendance is another problem with our public schooling, most schools are way to soft on this matter.  The Government pays the schools based on the number of students walk across the stage.  Teachers just don't have the passion for teaching anymore and don't care to watch their students succeed.  We are not preparing our students for the real world but sheltering them from the reality.  We have the funding and resources for our students to succeed in life with a good education, our teachers just need to challenge the students more.      

No comments:

Post a Comment